“We all know of the Seven deadly sins (Wrath, Greed, Sloth, Pride, Lust, Envy and Gluttony) and we all succumb to aspects of them at one time or another, but is there one particular sin that affects you more than the others when you play World of Warcraft? Are you a bit too prideful about your armor set? or Do you look upon someone with envy when they have a piece of armor that you don’t have yet?”
noun: strong vengeful anger or indignation
Things that make me wrathful include the following wrathy-type stuff:
- Ze PEEVEEPEE. Makes me RAGE. Especially when Alliance lose the first flag/base and some troll immediately starts up with ‘let them win – we’re fail’. My swear jar if well overfull from my 2v2 arena experiences (priest/mage combo pre-5.0.4 anyone?) Mages also make me wrathful, but not so much now they have given druids back their god given right to shapeshift out of CC!
- Immature ex-guild members trolling members. Grow the eff up, why don’t you? Get a life, and move on – I don’t want you spam healing me when I’m standing in Stormwind to let me know you’re there – I have you on ignore for a REASON! You’re also not in the guild for a reason!
- Epeening, arrogant assholes in PUGs. No need to be so nasty to the poor noob healer – how about TRY to explain the boss mechanic/ability etc?
- LFR Loot ninjas.
- Did I mention PVP?
noun: a selfish and excessive desire for more of something than is needed
Lots of things make me feel greedy, but the following are what I most covet:
- Pretty mounts make me go bug-eyed. They also make me drool, make my heart pound, and make me wish that all my guildies would miraculously drop dead when one drops.
- Pets – pretty much the same as mounts.
- Achievements – I’m greedy when it comes to cheevs – I must. get. them. all.
noun: disinclination to action or labour
What makes me feel like a furry, butt-ugly animal?
- Grinding rep – it’s enough for me to want to gouge my own eyeballs out – with a spoon.
- Turtle mount farming. Just no. FU Blizz. I give up.
- Have Group, Will Summon made me just a ‘bit’ lazy during Cata.
- Mount farming in general – while this sounds conflicted with my greedy stuff, what I’m talking about here is parking my 7 other alts outside the same instances I farm, and doing it on them all every week. I was given this advice by a number 1 on server mount whore, but I just. can’t. do. it. I’d rather throw heavy leather balls at guildies in Stormwind while I whinge about it in guild chat.
noun:the quality or state of being proud, as; a: inordinate self-esteem (conceit) b: a reasonable or justifiable self-respect c: delight or elation arising from some act, possession, or relationship
As far as pride goes, I’ll respond to point B:
- I have great pride in my guild, and the people in it. They’re awesome, and make my hobby time fun.
- What our guild has achieved regardless of the challenges we’ve faced makes me proud. We’ve kept it together through thick and thin, and we’re now stronger than ever before. That makes me REALLY proud.
noun: an intense longing or craving
One word: Malfurion. I wish he’d kick Tyrande to the curb so we could get married and have a litter of untamedhellcat/bird/deer baby things together. That is all.
BOM CHICKA WAH WAH.
noun: painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another, joined with a desire to possess the same advantage
What makes me envious? hmmmm:
- Truly hardcore progression guilds. I’m talking world top 20 guilds. I sometimes WISH I had the kind of time commitment it would take to actually raid at that intensity of progression, but alas, I do not. So I shall sit here and be jelly instead.
- Anyone with the Ashes of A’lar. Yes, EFF YOU Finia.
- Anyone else with all the mounts I’ve never seen drop in our raids. We’re cursed…
noun: greedy or excessive indulgence
I’m a glutton for:
- peeveepee at the end of an xpac and I’m bored absolutely shitless.
- Raiding – we’re still trying to farm the last few mounts we can a week and a half out from MoP (See Greed for more info).
This was a great shared topic – I just wish I’d had more free time this week to do it justice!
Feel free to tell me about your deadly sins in the comments below ;)